Now Summer can begin!

It is always funny to me that even though the kids have been dismissed for the Summer, we as teachers aren't done.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were spent teaching other teachers about math.  I am glad all of it is done with.  It was a great learning experience, but I think from now on I would like to just teach kids. That and working on my major paper for my current class, kept me very busy for the beginning of the week.  By Friday, I was finished with most everything and could have some fun.

This week's fun included watching a couple of movies, a soccer game, helping someone move, and a Saturday adventure.  I am not sure how many of you are aware of this, but Saturday was free fishing day in Utah.  Tim and I went up to Cabela's (never been...it's like a party inside!)  We met up with his brother and girlfriend, along with his sister and went up American Fork Canyon to a nice spot to go fishing.  I never would have thought myself to be an outdoorsie person, but there is something very relaxing just watching a line do nothing with wildlife in the background.

This week I also started reading books.  I always have this problem every Summer.  I am deprived of my reading throughout the school year and the first chance I get I read too late at night.  That was the story of my week. I have had to force myself to go to bed because I just want to read.  I am going to start on Monday with a good schedule that will hopefully resolve my sleeping issues and still leave me lots of time to read.

Next week is wide open for fun things to do.  I am very excited!

Comments