Bring on Spring!

It was another one of those weeks, where I should have knocked on wood or something, because we ended up sick...again.  I'm not sure if it was something new or a continuation.  I think it was something new, and I'm just really ready for spring!  All of us had drippy noses and no voices.  Owen ended up with some sort of rash that I think was due to a virus, so I am crossing my fingers that everything has run its course and we can enjoy health...here's hoping.

Hyrum and Lila both enjoyed their project work.  Lila is asking more and more to help in the kitchen with things.  I have to stop myself from saying no and give her a chance.  Messes will happen and I have to learn to be okay with it even when I'm in a hurry, because I'm always in a hurry.  She'll never learn otherwise.  I think next up for Hyrum is to learn to sew a button and I might have him help me patch some holes in clothes.  There seems to be a plethora of holes popping up in this house.  The kids play hard in their clothes.

School continues to move forward.  I have finished planning for the next six weeks of school.  I realized that we only have about 15 weeks left of school, which is crazy to me.  I have toyed with the idea of moving to an all year schedule type thing.  Mostly just to give the kids some structure and learning, but nothing intense.  We will see what the summer brings and if we find a house.  Lila officially started in easy readers and learning site words.  It will be interesting to see how that goes for her.  She's a funny duck sometimes and lacks confidence even though she can totally do it.  

Still nothing on the house front.  We have looked at several houses.  We are finding that this area doesn't have a lot of 4 bed/3 bath homes with a couple of acres.  It very quickly becomes homes that we have no interest in maintaining.  Whenever something pops up we go look, just in case it might fit what we are looking for in a home.  Sometimes I feel like we are being picky, but we've waited this long for a house and little more time won't kill us and we really don't have a rush. 

One fun thing this week was piano.  We don't do formal lessons with the kids.  We are testing the waters with some online lessons.  We have really enjoyed it so far.  This week Hyrum asked if he could just learn some songs.  He found Mario and Pokémon theme songs on his level and taught himself the songs.  It was so fun to hear the disjointed notes and then all of a sudden it comes together and they are so excited.  Lila wanted to try too and found Moana.  I wasn't sure she could do it at all, but she totally surprised me with learning.  I'm just glad they are having fun and gaining confidence.

Liam was ornery as ever this week.  He likes to be very contrary and do the opposite of what we say.  He is getting into playing pretend games with Hyrum.  He can often be found playing along with Hyrum's imaginative games in his room or on the trampoline.  Unfortunately, it tends to end in tears, because they get too rough and someone gets hurt.  He's becoming more independent with dressing himself and using the restroom.  I'm hoping that in the near future he won't need my presence at all.  

Owen has slept a little better this week.  He continues to talk and explore words.  I think he truly understands when he says mama.  He continues to explore food.  I'm so grateful he's transitioning to real food.  Now we just need to get him using a sippy cup.  He is still crawling around.  He doesn't have much interest in walking, so he will most likely be our latest walker.  

Tim and I stay busy with work, life, and callings.  We had stake conference this week.  It was nice to hear some of the speakers and get some direction in life.  I realized that we are a month and a half away for General Conference, which seems crazy that it's already time for conference again.  This next weekend we will head to my parents for a week.  We won't have an update for a bit, so until then!    

Comments