Duchess truly is the Wonder Truck!

It was an interesting week. I finished up classes for the semester and as I realize on Thursday as I was walking out of my last class for the semester that I will never have another class after this. That is until I get a masters. Over all I feel that I have done well this semester. Of course I will have to wait until grades are posted.

With the semester coming to a close that means there will be some changes in the ward. We have a couple of sisters moving out so there will be new faces to get to know. The presidency is working on a plan for next semester and hopefully we have learned from our mistakes and we will do a better job.

Friday was a reading day, so I did not have any classes. One of the sisters in the ward had a reception so I went and helped with that. Then on Saturday I was able to go to the temple and then running. I realized that running in the cold is much different than running when it is warm. In the evening we had our ward Christmas party, which was a lot of fun. Then a groups of us went sledding.

Funny story with the sledding. There is a place in Provo that is really good to sled down. Well I had a brain freeze and went the wrong way and I realized it about half way up and decided to turn around on a side street. I should pause to tell you that it had been snowing all day and the roads were very slick. Well, I didn't realize the road I turned on was dead end and that the dead end was at the bottom of a hill. So I turn the corner and started heading down and thought to myself that it probably wasn't a good idea. My suspicians were confirmed when I started sliding down the hill. And I knew we were in trouble when poor little Duchess's tires started spinning without getting traction. Thank goodness that I wasn't the only car then went and the other car had some guys that were experienced in the snow. So after about thirty minutes of trying to get her up the hill using various methods I broke down and called home for help. In hindsight that wasn't the smartest thing to do, because I now owe everyone a dollar, even thought Duchess was never in the ditch and I didn't need to be pulled out. In the end we ended up going through an empty lot to safe ground. I was happy, everyone else was happy, Duchess was happy, and I am pretty sure the parents were happy. In the end everyone wins and few people are a litte bit richer, while some have lighter pockets.

Sledding was fun and as adventure as always. Good times making good memories.

Comments

Kendall said…
Though I wasn't around when this agreement was made....I think I get one too!!! Or I can just take Eddie's dollar!