There is a first time for everything!

It was a very relaxing week. I was not in the schools and so I had quite a bit of extra time. To fill my time I worked some extra hours, which will be nice to have a bigger paycheck. I was able to turn in most of my projects this week, so there wasn't much in the way of homework. The one good thing about being an elementary major is that finals are really easy. So after a crazy hard semester, finals are a piece of cake.

Tuesday was simulation day for my self defense class. I have never physically beat up on a boy before and it was kind of fun (watch out Brian); I suppose there is a first time for everything. I didn't do too bad. One thing I notices is that I become very focused and don't see a lot of what is happening around me. So more times than not I ended up running right into an instructor, which meant that I had to fight them. It was rather humorous to see the instructors. They looked like a combination of a ninja and a storm trooper. They wore a lot of padding and safety gear so they wouldn't get hurt.


Saturday was the first Saturday in a long time that was socially busy. I attended Carolyn's little sister's baptism. It was fun to watch and think back on how much she has grown, from the first time I met her freshman year. I also went to a bridal shower for one an old roommate who is getting married at the end of the month and then I went to a dance party. It was a lot of fun. I learned some new dances and was able to spend time with people that I haven't been able to see in a long time.
Next week is the last week of classes. Then it is finals week and then I am out of Provo for a week. I am going to fly to Arizona with a cousin to visit Erin and have some fun. We will all drive up to Enoch together for Christmas.

Comments

Parental Units said…
Just remember what happened last time you tried to beat up on me Whitney
kwistin said…
So did you do the state simulation with the police officers or the class one with Sensei Peace?

Way to go. We should swap stories :)