Some things just never get old...

What a week. I am constantly amazed at how much the body can do and take. Many times I wonder if I can make it through the week and I always do. It was another busy week with teaching and Relief Society. It is really interesting to student teach. It is nothing like the other teaching experiences that I have had. I am really getting a taste of the way it will be when I have my own class. There are some interesting kids in the class, high energy and equally high "let me see what I can to do make the teacher go crazy." On a funny note I have a little girl that loves to sit at the carpet while I am teaching and make faces at me. I will make eye contact with her and she will proceed to wink and then raise her eyebrows quickly at me. It is rather humorous. The really funny thing is that I do it back to her and none of the kids pick up on it, eventhough I am sitting right in front.

I have been working on my TWS and that is ready to be taught. So next week I will be teaching a science unit that I have created. Also I have to plan and teach two weeks by myself. I have been working really hard on planning all the lessons and figuring out what I want to teach the kids. I never thought it would this hard to plan; perhaps when I get a few years under my belt it will be easier.

Because my social life has been none existant for the past month I chose to take a break this weekend, while I had the chance. On friday I went to a dance party and had a lot of fun dancing, then I went to a roommate sleepover to celebrate a roommates birthday. We stayed up very late watching "The Goonies." It's a great movie! On Saturday I had a bridal shower to go to for a good friend who is getting married and then I went disco skating! I was so excited to go. I found this awful looking 70's style shirt that was really gross looking, but it was a lot of fun to dress up. I hadn't been skating in a very long time, so it was good to get back in the groove.

In other exciting news, Carolyn, my roommate/best friend, received her mission call this week. She will be serving in the Orlando, Florida Mission. She doesn't leave for a couple of months, but it is exciting for her to finally know!

Comments

Parental Units said…
I want to see some pictures of you in your awful 70's outfit.