Graduation!

It is the end of a chapter in my life. I have officially graduated from BYU and I am starting on the next part of my life. Besides graduation the week was filled with social activities. On Monday we had our last FHE gathering. I have really come to enjoy those in our group and will miss not being able to meet with them every Monday. We went swimming and yes I went too, that makes twice this summer season that I have ventured into a pool, although I have yet to get a swimsuit. After that we watched a movie until late and said goodbye. Tuesday I picked up my cap and gown. It was quite the affair. There were so many people there to get there things, I guess people really wanted their free T-shirt, I know I did. That evening the roommates went out for breakfast at 11pm. Did you know there are some really hungry people at 11 at night. Who would have thought?! On Wednesday Erin came into town and I was able to spend some time with her catching up on life and she also introduced me to a new sushi resturaunt that is incredible.

Thursday started with rock climbing, so much fun! Then I went to commencement. I almost didn't do it, but a friend convinced me the I needed to do it. So I went with him and was able to hear Elder Uchtdorf speak. After commencement the family met up and went to Tucanos, an amazing Brazillian resturaunt. Everyone was very satisfied. At 8 in the morning I walked with the rest of the Eduction majors. This is the only picture that I have so far and it is from some random person on facebook. I am not sure how it was found, but this is me.


I am grateful for all that I have learned at BYU and I am looking forward to teaching. I can honestly say that I am ready to take over a classroom and be the one in charge. That evening I went to a really good friends graduation in the Marriot. His was three hours long because there was over 1,000 graduates. There is nothing like cozying up to your neighbors for three hours.

Saturday was extremely busy. I woke up early to pack the rest of my car and to help Cinnamon tree do checkouts. I worked for 8 hours doing checkouts and then cleaning. I don't know how some people live the way they do. There was one guy's apartment that took myself and one other two hours to clean the kitchen. It was the most disgusting thing I think I have ever seen. After checkouts I moved myself into my new apartment and got everything organized.

I like the new apartment it is a little smaller, but the view is great and I get to wake up to ducks! I have met several of the ward members already and all that I have met seem to be very nice. I think that once I get acclamated things will be just fine.

Comments