General Conference Weekend!

In summation I would have to say the week went well. The kids are continuing to settle into how things are to go. I have been very happy with the one of the students and his reading. He started off the year with little to no confidence looking to me for help on almost every word. He has become more independent and he is actually starting apply the phonics rules that I have been trying to teach him. The rest of the kids suprise me with little things every day. We have a week and a half left of our rock project. Then we will be starting to learn about Vikings, which I am really excited to do. I was researching about Viking there are some cool things that we can do to learn about them. Don't worry...we will continue learning the basics!

Funny comment for the week.

Joseph: I wish I had a lunchable (in reference to the fact that he did not have a lunchable like most of the rest of the kids).
Me: Don't worry I never had lunchables in my lunch growing up either.
Katie: Really? No wait...they probably hadn't been invented yet.

The rest of the class proceeded to pretend to be old with a canes and laughing.

I really didn't think I was that old. I guess compared to how young they are...I must seem ancient.

This week I had FHE on Monday, Institute on Tuesday, the Temple on Wednesday and General Conference all weekend. I loved General Conference. I was really touched by the testimonies given by the speakers and the words spoken about receiving personal revelation. It was just what I needed to hear!

Conference pretty much look up my whole weekend...we will have to see what next week brings!

Comments