Oh the weather outside...

It has been a frightful week of snowy weather. We started off the week with about six inches of snow. I was really nervous to be driving in this weather because of last years difficulties. I am proud to say that I have yet to have any difficulties! We received about three more inches of gross wet snow last night, so we all walked to church in cold snow.

The kids have are ready for Christmas and to be honest, so am I. I enjoy teaching, but I love breaks. I will have one more full week of teaching and then two week break. I started planning January and I could not believe how fast the year has gone by. Before I know it, it will be Summer break. We have been doing Christmas projects all week and the kids have been really funny. I think their favorite one was making snowflakes and then putting glitter on them. I decided to hang them around the classroom and when I left I notice that the floor was sparklie. I think we will be cleaning up glitter for the rest of the year.

This week end we had a ward Christmas party and talent show. I ended up going by myself, which was a little weird. I discovered there are a lot of things that I can do by myself and don't need a wingwoman, but I can't do large social events. It was weird. I am glad that I went, because there was some really funny skits and performances.

I also decided this week that I have way to much time on my hands. So, I decided to take up knitting. Saturday was the day to learn and after about 6 hours I started getting the hang of it. It was rather stressful at times and I learned a lot, like gratitude that we have machines that can knit scarves in mass to send to stores whereI can buy them! My plans are to continue to work at it today and see if I can work out some of the kinks.

Comments

Parental Units said…
Crochetting is much easier. But...go for it.