Fun in the sun!

We had an awesome week at school. Monday to Wednesday we had beautiful weather. I was so happy to have them outside playing instead of inside where they couldn't run. We also had some really fun lessons where the kids got to pretend to be paleontologists. I bought some chocolate chip cookies for them to try to dig the chips out. They loved trying to pick them out carefully. They were so funny. I hear a lot of, "Man this is hard to be a paleontologist." I thought it was cute. Our poetry unit has been lots of fun. They didn't really have any prior knowledge of poetry, so everything is new to them. We will be doing haiku on Monday...it should be interesting.

With the lovely weather we have had I manage to run three times this week, which is really good, because I am running another 5k on Saturday. I hear it is a fun one...which is nice. I hope to get back into the swing of things, so that I can run longer distances.

Thursday was also our traditional Festivus Meativus. This has been going for about three years now and it happens at the end of Winter semester before everyone leaves. People dig through their freezers and find all the unlabeled meats and bring them to the grill at which time we season them up and grill tons of meat. We had everything from bacon wrapped chicken to steak and pork. It was great!

Saturday was another fun filled day. There is always a Saturday in Provo were every complex has checkouts and cleaning checks. In the morning I did that and then shortly after we went on a hike to a fall called Stewart Falls. We made it there almost and then we ran into a slight problem.




If you look closely it says area closed because of possible avalanche. It also says something like $1,000 fine and six months in prison. We decided to turn back and not take the risk.

Later in the evening I was able to spend some time with a good friend that I hadn't seen in a while. With most of the same people that I went hiking with in the morning...we had a late night adventure. We walked to the local grocery store and bought a kite and glow sticks. We bought the glow sticks to cut open and put it on the kite. Unfortunately the kite did not last as long as we had hoped...actually it was a failed attempt. It didn't even get into the sky. On the upside I discovered that a had looks really cool when it glows in the dark! We ended the evening with pie and smoothies and went to bed happy.

There was a homecoming of a good friend who just got back from Chile. It was exciting to see the change in her and how much she has grown spiritually. It also made me feel a little bit old.

Any who...perhaps next week I will have some racing pictures.

Comments

Parental Units said…
Would you like dad to get some of Grandpa's poetry so the kids can learm them?