It is finished!

A special shout out to all you fathers out there...you are AMAZING!

It was a busy week. I think I will start out with what I was most proud about. I decided that I needed to learn to be more domestic, so I had a fried teach me how to crochet. Well, I jumped right in a made a small blanket. I used to different color of yarn together so, it is extra thick. I really like how it turned out. Now I am working on a blanket the same size with just one color.

This was also my first full week at my summer job working with disabled children. I love those kids so much! We have several that are back from last year, so it is nice to have built that foundation with them. The funniest thing of my week happened while at camp. We were doing an activity that required the kids to make and decorate a fish. One of the kids holds up his fish and says, "Look he had a nose job...this is a Michael Jackson fish." He then proceeded to add a glittering glove on his fin and then create Michael Jackson hair. The staff had good laugh.

As far as the social scene I went to the movies with a group of friends that I had not seen in a while and I was able to spend time with Carolyn's family. Periodically, her sisters and I will go on a playdate. We went and saw movie they had not seen and then roasted marshmallows at their house. I love spending time with her family. For those of you that are thinking this is kind of weird...where is Carolyn? Well, she is serving an mission, so she is there in spirit.

So...that was my week. Simple and hard to beat!

Comments