A true update.

So...I realized that I have failed to truly update you on some things that have happened. So...I pulled out my calendar and daily planner to aid me this time.

School: The kids are making awesome progress. There for a couple of weeks after being back they were a little crazy and I was beginning to wonder if they forget everything they learned. This week I finished one classes reading assessment and I am very happy to say that everyone passed bench mark, which is awesome. Now if it will only stay that way for the second round in two months.

I have yet another new student. That means that since the start of the new year, two students have moved in and two have moved out. I think my longest stretch of not having a class change is three weeks.

Story of the week. This is more a story were you just shake your head and say really. My dear little boy who is the class clown had a really hard day on Friday. He tends to not get his work done because he is talking and being silly. Well, I told him that he needed to sit with my aid and finish his work. Well, he didn't like that. So, he started to cry. My aid tried to calm him down, without any luck, so when our reading buddies came I took a crack at it. These were some of the things he said, "I am just really having a hard time today. I just want to call my mom and she can come and sign me out. I just want to switch schools. If I switch school and then all my problems will be solved." I was laughing on the inside because of how he was saying everything. Our conversation ended with him coming to the conclusion that his problem was him talking to others around him. So I gave him the choice to either stay at his spot or we could find him another spot somewhere else in the room. He responded with, "I don't like either of these choices. They aren't good ones."

Immediately after he started to cry again, at which point I walked away to let him calm down and because 40 minutes had passed and I needed to start teaching again. He proceeded to cry for another 40 minutes, until he went outside to recess and then calmed down a little bit. This story comes to an end at the end of the day when I had to call him over to me to sit, because he was being silly and goofy. He sat down and finished his work, turned to me and showed me what he had done and said, "You know...I think I like this spot."

Glad he finally saw the light!

Social: On Monday I made a big breakfast with Carolyn and didn't do any work! Whoot for me! Friday Carolyn and I helped each other with cleaning checks and went to bed, because the following morning was the Ward temple trip that I am in charge of. The temple was a success and I spent the rest of the day running errands and working on school work, until I ran out of things to do (that never happens) and decided to go visit some friends. It ended up being one of the funniest night of my life. Just picture three grown men performing ballet...yeah it was a riot!

Church: The big thing there is that I am no longer in charge of planning temple trips, I get to teach again. I am the new Sunday School Teacher. Today was my first day teaching. I think it went okay. It could have been better pulled together. In my defense teaching grown adults is very different from teaching five and six year olds.

And now you have it...the rest of the story!

Comments