Here we go!

As promised from last weeks post, I will confirm or deny the following activities.

1. Meetings for school. (Confirmed)
2. Mona Rope Swing. (Confirmed)
3. Reception. (Confirmed)

My meetings weren't as bad as I thought they would be. The one that I was a little disgruntled about was on Friday, when I had to be to work at 7:30 am in Pleasant Grove (not a problem because that when I usually get to work) so I could be at Utah Valley University for our District celebration at 8:00 am. I had to drive 20 minutes north, just so I could drive 15 minutes south. I just do what I am told.

The rope swing was a lot of fun. It is a small lake/pond that is open to the public. They keep a rope swing there and it is a fun little spot to go to. I jumped a couple of times off, but opted to stop and just swim a little bit. It was kind of scary, although the jump is not that high.

The wedding reception was very nice. I was extremely happy to see this couple FINALLY get married. It was rocky for a while and I wasn't sure if it was going to work out, but I am convinced now there are happy endings.

I spent the majority of my week in my classroom getting things ready and I have to say that I am getting a little excited for it. Monday will mark the first day of testing for the incoming kindergartners. We will test all week and then place them in their classes on Friday in time for them to come to school on Tuesday. It will be a whirlwind of a week.

In other news...I am happy to say that I knocked off one more thing on my buck list. I went skydiving! So. Much. Fun! It was the most exilerating, yet peaceful thing. You are falling at about 140 to 160 miles an hour and then you pull the shoot and are just hanging out with the angels. Now for the nerves of mom and dad, I was hooked to another person that was very experienced. For those of you who don't believe...here is some proof!


So, here's the scoop on skydiving. You have to be hooked to someone until you are certified. The guy that I was hooked to was named Fish and he was from Australia. He ended up being really funny. We got into a little plane that didn't have a real door it just rolled up and down. Our flight was about 15 minutes and in that time they start hooking you to them and giving you instructions on how you are to get out the plane and fall. Our time came and went and sat on the edge and then we just scooted out the plane and did a flip and started to fall. I have to say that I was less nervous to jump out of a plane at 12,000 feet than I was to jump off a 12 foot platform at the rope swing. Kinda crazy!

The fall happened fast. Obviously, because we were moving over 150 miles and hour. Your ears hurt really bad. Then they pull the shoot and you get some time to just glide. The guy I was with did some quick turns and so we were spiraling really fast. But, it was so cool! Then we got close to the ground and slid in for a landing. I think everybody should do and you can't say that you can't, because I talked to a 70 year old woman that did it for her birthday.

And that was my week!

Comments

Parental Units said…
Well, I guess you're on your own insurance so skydiving is now legal.
Fugal Family said…
How fun!!! That was also on my bucket list for many years. But now I realize how afraid of heights I really am and have lost any and all desire to do that. I have talked you up so much that my whole neighborhood is hopping to have you as their childs kinder teacher :)