Thanksgiving!

It was quite the week.  It is always kind of a waste to be at school on such short weeks.  Monday was a shortened day as it always it and Tuesday was the day we celebrated Thanksgiving in my class...basically it is a party day.  On Wednesday, I went to the dentist and received high praise for the cleanliness of my teeth.  That's always exciting.  Later in the day Cameron (cousin) and I left for Enoch.  We spent the next couple of days helping a little here, reading a little there, and basically enjoying some time away for the normal routine.  Because of the GRE, I told myself that I wouldn't read anything except for GRE or church related material.  Now that is over with...the books have come out.  I made the mistake of purchasing several books that were on my "GET NOW AND READ" list just before I signed up for the GRE.  Out of the goodness of Carolyn's heart, she hid them for me until after the completion of the test.  I finished all of them in a week.  I do love reading books.

Some of the highlights of the break were zero problems with the truck, eating turkey covered in bacon and lots of other good food, shooting a handgun, finishing several books, and giving a successful Sunday School lesson. I never thought I would actually start to enjoy teaching, but I am.  I still get a pit in my stomach every time I have to teach, but I guess it keeps you humble.

We have three short weeks until Christmas break and so much to do in between.  This weekend should be fun, because we have another ward formal and my roommate procured great tickets to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional...so keep an eye out for me because I will be up close and personal!

Comments