Good times!

This was my first week in about a month that I have been at school for a full week and not had any meetings to do to.  That will change, because I have meetings for the next three weeks.  I feel kind of bad for the Double Dose kids (it's an extra tutoring session after school) because I cancel on them at least once a week. 

My big project at school for the past couple of weeks has been to go through all the PE stuff and figure out what we have and need to replace.  Our school district received a large grant and so I am the school representative.  I think I have things ready to go and I am super excited to get all the equipment.  I know the upper grades will be happy because we are getting lots of really good baseball equipment like gloves and catcher stuff.  Super cool!

I also went to the caucus meeting for the first time.  I have never know about it before hand and so I actually had the chance to go and it was a really interesting process.  I gained two things from the experience.  The first is that I do have power and the second is that I need to learn more about the political process and be more aware of what is happening.  Our meeting took about three hours, because so many voters showed up from our precinct. 

Our ward did FHE Oscars and it was a lot of fun.  The link is below with our movie.  It was based off of a funny youtube video called Guy on a Buffalo.  Our take was very Provo in the sense it is about dating.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtHe4mwEdko

I also had the chance to go to see Carolyn's brother talk in Sacrament before he leaves.  I was super proud of him.  He isn't the most eloquent speaker, but there was definitely power behind his words and I left feeling like the people of New Zealand are so lucky to have him for two years.

The last thing I was tell you about is celebrating St. Patrick's Day at school.  I have a class leprechaun that comes every year.  His name is Lenny.  This year I have decided to fit letter writing into the curriculum and so the kids got to write letters to him.  I told them about him and so they asked him lots of questions.  Well, Lenny came on Friday to mess up the classroom.  There was so much energy and I thought that this must be what it's like for moms and possibly dads on birthdays and Christmas when the kids are so excited.  I really felt like there was magic, because it was what the kids made of it.  I felt kind of sad, because I know that at one time I felt that magic, but over the years it has gone away.  Never the less, it was still a lot of fun.

Comments

Unknown said…
That buffalo movie is too funny! One Sunday my lil bro made me watch all 3 of the man on a buffalo movies and I wanted to die! Yours WAS a good take on the dumb movie! :D you were a great cougar, too. hahaha
Parental Units said…
Yes, all of you children were excited about the holidays. There was just magic in them for you. And about the Leprachaun thing, it was invented when you kids were in grade school, I think. I never heard of it until #IV brought it home from school and wanted to know if we could do it. Umm, sure. Then I got to hear all about what happens. The internet wasn't invented yet so that wasn't a resource for me. I only had what I was told. Was I gullible or you kids?
Kendall said…
Once you have kids…the magic will come back. I looove doing all sorts of fun things through out the year because the girls make it so magical and fun.