Oh sub days...

This week was a crazy one, because I miss 1 1/2 days of school due to meetings.  I haven't missed a day yet this year and I am reminded why I hate leaving school so much. And here they are:

3. Your kids are never as good for your sub as they are for you.
2. Management is so hard to get back once you have been gone for a while.
1. Teaching is the only profession where you can't just call in sick, half the time you have to go into work to get everything ready for the person that will come in and take over for you.  In a nutshell...it is a pain!

On the plus side one of my meetings was totally worth going to.  I left feeling like I could make some positive changes and I didn't feel guilty at all!  It was a PE class.  I really wish more of our meetings were like this one.  You may be wondering...well, what made this one so special.  I will tell you.  We learned how to teach PE by learning through experience (a.k.a We played games.).  I juggled, played tag, jumped rope, and did lots of other fun things.  It made the six hours go by very fast.

March is already here and kinder is gearing up for testing in April.  One of the downsides of being in a public school is all the testing.  Basically the last two months  of school is testing, the one on one kind of testing that takes forever.  Oh the hoops we must jump.

This weekend was a social one.  I went a big group date of Friday and then on Saturday we had a ward activity that was really well done.  This is two in a row that have been done well.  I am looking forward to the Spring ones when we can go outside.

Well that is all from me!

Comments