My update.

I didn't really have anything awesome happen this week to help me title my post, hence it is just the update.  One thing I did learn is that teachers can be a hard crowd to teach.  Allow me to explain.  This was the week where I "had the opportunity" to teach other teachers about the New Core and help them understand how to put it into practice.  Some may have noticed the quotation marks...here is why.  When asked to do things in the district you have choice, but you don't have a choice.  It's kind of like the church.  You say yes to a calling not matter how inadequate you feel or don't want the calling.  It's all over with now and I am glad that it is.  I digress...they don't laugh very much and it's kind of like talking to a brick wall.  Not sure why they are like that, you would think they would be a lot more fun and exciting because they work with kids all day.

The first half of the week was spent on teaching and then I had a Thursday and Friday off with do other things.  I am hoping to get into my classroom soon, so that I can get everything put back together before we hire new teachers.  At the end of the year we have to move everything off the carpet in our classrooms, which means everything has to be moved.  We will have two new teachers in kindergarten, basically a whole new team.  There will be a lot that I will have to do in the way of training and helping them get their classrooms ready, but I am excited for the change.  I think it will be a wonderful opportunity to start fresh and do things a little different.

On Thursday I went to the movies with a friend.  I decided that this is the summer that I will go to the movies by myself.  I have always wonted to go by myself; I am not sure why.  It just sounds like an adventure.  Friday I became one with the weed eater, literally.  Once or twice a summer I cut my shins really bad from flying objects.  I have a lovely scratch.  Saturday I went to Timp Caves with a group.  The caves are really cool, in more ways than one.  It is always amazing to me to see how things form and change over time.  A funny story.  We thought we were going to be late for the tour, so we speed walked up the side of the mountain, because you can't run, that's against the rules.  It is a very steep hike.  We got there five minutes before our tour started only to find out that the person that had the tickets didn't look at the times right and we were thirty minutes early.  I just had to laugh.

That is all from me.  I have another meeting this coming week, but then I should have a little more time to have a summer...I think.


Comments