And so it begins!

We are officially back at school.  We had professional development on Thursday and Friday.  The meetings were long.  For one of the them we went to a pep rally.  The district likes to do pep rallies at the beginning of every year for all the employees.  It was complete with a marching band, cheerleaders, and prizes.  I walked away with a $10 gift card to Amazon, a shirt, and a coupon to restaurant.  I was happy.

We are up to 115 students at school and I am getting a little worried.  We have added another session, but our class size is still at 23, which is a little high.  It should be a challenging/fun year.  Because we are so high in our numbers, we don't have enough of our books made.  I am taking some time to make some more books this week, while we are testing.  But, with knew enrollments every day, it makes it a little difficult. 

Besides spending time at school this week, I also made a quick trip home.  Erin came into Cedar City, and I drove down.  It was fun to see her, because it has been a while since we have seen each other.  I was able to help in the yard and learn how to kill weeds and not kill your garden when you put on the grass clippings. 

I also went to Education Week at BYU.  I have never attended; I usually just watch the masses of women swarming campus.  I was very pleased with the classes I attended.  I learned some fun/valuable things.  I was also able to meet up with a friend from Enoch.  We attended a class together and then we went out to dinner.  I decided to make it a tradition every year.

That is all from me.  We begin testing our kindergarteners next week, so  can give you an update on what kind of a year we will have!

Comments