Another check on the list of things to do before leaving Utah.

It was busy at the beginning and the end of the week (let it be known that I haven't been to my classroom in two full weeks).  On Monday a group of us got together and at a nice little place called The Chocolate, in Orem.  They have amazing treats.  Any way a friend and his wife were visiting from Texas and we all got together and had fun.  We also had a really fun FHE; we went ice blocking.  For those of you who don't know what ice blocking is, you buy a block of ice and slide down a hill while sitting on it.  It is very similar to sledding, without the snow.

The mid-week big news is I purchase my first pair of glasses while having my own insurance.  All I have to say is thanks to mom and dad to forking over all the money every few years so their nearly blind daughter could see.  Holy cow glasses are expensive!

Things were pretty quiet again until the weekend.  I checked off another thing on my list of things to do before leaving Utah, not that I am leaving any time soon.  A group of us went and floated down the Provo river.  It was a lot of fun, even if I kept on running into the banks.  Apparently, I am not very good at driving and tube.  Thank goodness I don't have to drive one every day to work. :)  To do this we had to drive up the canyon and park.  Then take a bus up to a dam, where we got on our tubes and proceeded to float for the next two hours.  I have a pretty sweet tan on my feet from where my sandals were. 

I also finished teaching my last career workshop class of the Summer.  We ended today and it was kind of nice.  I still wish we had more time, because the more classes I taught the more I would go over. 

I think the final thing I should mention is the fact that my massive list of things to do for my classroom is done.  That's right...it took me two years to complete it and it may or may not have extended for two full pages, but it is done.  I deleted that last project and was a little lost, because I had nothing to do.  Thank goodness for my classes, but even they are ending soon. 

There is one week left before I have to start being an adult again.  Meetings start on the 14th of August.  It will be nice to be back in a routine again.

Until next week.

Comments