Wake me up when September ends...oh wait...

October is upon us, which means Halloween.  I have been planning my costume since last Halloween.  I think I won the contest for best costume.  I wore a gown and was a princess.  The girls loved it and the boys did too.  This year I am planning on being a gypsy, but I am not sure how to pull this one off, because what we know about gypsies is based off of Hollywood and that does not match history.

The kids were really funny this week, so I have two stories for you that were really funny.  The first is about a boy.  I asked him to describe what he saw in a picture and it was like pulling teeth to get him to say anything, so I was trying to help.  

Me:  Who is in the picture?
Boy:  Uhhh, I don't know?
Me:  Who is in the picture?
Boy:  Some girls.
Me:  Good, what are they doing?
Boy:  I don't know.
Me:  What are they wearing?
Boy:  Uhh...wife beaters (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleeveless_shirt).

It was a fourth of July book, so the girls were wearing summer tops that looked like wife beaters.  It was really funny, because he said it with a straight face and the term is not commonly heard in a kinder setting.

The second story happened at recess.  A girl was going to down the slide and asked me to watch her.  I saw her come around on the twisty slide legs crossed and the palms of her hands together like she was praying, saying "Nomis day."  It is a term used in yoga class meaning a sign of respect and honor.  Again, it's not a common term heard in a kinder class.

I am continuing my master's work.  My first class of the semester is coming to and end and I will begin the second class soon.  I have come to the conclusion that every teacher needs to get a masters after teaching for a few years.  Everything you learned in your undergraduate makes so much more sense.

I ended the week with the Relief Society broadcast, which was fabulous.  I really felt like the call is going out to the sisters to be prepared and we shouldn't expect the brethren to know everything.  We need to stand right beside them in our understanding of the doctrines and principles of the gospel.  

Next week should be fun, because we have SEP conferences.  It makes for some really long days, because we meet with all of our parents after school.  I do love meeting with them, and getting to know them a little better.

Comments