Halloween!

I survived another year of Halloween parties.  The kids had so much fun.  It was their first party at school and there is so much anticipation and excitement.  I ended up being a gypsy and here is the costume I wore.

The kids didn't get it in the younger grades, but once we got to the older grades the kids started getting it.  The favorite part was the jingling on the waste scarf.  Both parties were great.  My moms this year are trying to do less sugar.  I love it, because my kids are less crazy at school.  The after Halloween sugar high isn't too bad this year.  I  had to tell several kids to spit out gum or suckers at nine in the morning when they come to school.  It is kind of crazy that kids are having sugar so early in the morning. 

The week went by quickly.  I am looking forward to two weeks of no interruptions.  We haven't had a solid week for over a month where we have been able to teach the kids.  So, I will have two weeks to catch up with my students and then we will have Thanksgiving break.  My second literacy class is fabulous.  I am learning so much about reading.  I am excited to try some new things in my class. 

On Friday I went and raked leaves and hung Christmas lights.  I was kind of weird to be hanging them so early, but it was fun.  On Saturday I had what I am going to call a yes day.  More times than not I tell people no and say no to things that I want to do, because of schooling or work.  Well, I have been feeling sick for the past few days and I said yes to a two hour nap and then a friend called and said to not study and come play.  I said yes to that as well and still was able to finish all I needed to. 

My class had six pumpkins donated by a parent.  I decided to bake the seeds using different seasonings.  So far it has been delicious.  I am going to try some different recipes today. 

I am looking forward to next week slowing down and not having anything pressing to take care of.

Comments