A week of laughs!

The kids were on one this week.  I had so many one liners and funny incidents.  The following is a sampling of the best.

Said to a male student that wasn't doing what he knows he is supposed to:  "Bob (name changed), you need to sit up and be a man...yeah sit up and be a man."  Nothing like a little peer pressure to get the job done.

Said to me first thing in the morning.  "Teacher, guess what.  My dad has a meeting with the 70 of corn."  Yeah my mind was reeling too, until my five year old translator kicked.  Translation Quorum of the 70.  Sometimes I really wonder what kids hear.

We studied Martin Luther King Jr. this week, and while the following did not happen in my classroom...I sure wish they had.  The following are responses to the question of who are we studying this week.

Martin Loser King Jr.

King Arthur Jr.

I rest my case of this being a week of laughs!

Besides laughing a lot, we did a lot of testing.  My kids are doing well with their reading assessments.  It is a stressful time because you don't know how they will do, but this group is doing just fine, and I will take that!  Master's classes are going well and I finished up my last SET of the year.  A SET is  when the principal comes in to observe and do an evaluation.  Your scores get turned in to the district and state.

By the end of the week I was very glad to have a long weekend to not think about work.  The only thing I know I will not do on Monday is wake up at 6 am.  Thank goodness!

Comments

Meghann said…
I think the "principal" is going to have to get after you for spelling her name wrong. jk
How I wish I was teaching kindergarten again. It sounds like you have so much fun with them.