Spring Break!

The week ended on a good note.  This time of year everyone struggles because of the beautiful weather.  I have been a little worried about sending the kids away from school for a week, knowing that they will come back and be tested.  But, as I said we ended on a good note.  The kids were exhibiting some positive things that made me feel comfortable that we will survive testing when they get back.

We also had two Easter parties.  The girls made me laugh so hard this week.  This group of girls is probably the most girly group I have ever had.  They love wearing heels and pearls and playing princess.  It is the cutest thing ever.  I am really grateful they are still just little girls.  The weather has also been very fitting for Easter.  We have spent so long dealing with terrible weather and it is finally changing.  Several times this week as I was leaving for work I had this sense that it had been a very long time since we have had nice weather.

The weekend was filled with lots of playing.  It is very different from what I am used to doing.  It kind of put me off balance, because as I was going to bed on Saturday night, I still had homework to finish, which is okay, because I am on Spring break.  I went up to a wedding reception in South Jordan on Friday and then to a friend/former roommates birthday party.  It was great to see her and be reminded have the feeling of exhaustion because she has that much energy.  I aspire to be like her someday.  On Saturday, I went to a BYU lacrosse game.  I had never been to one before.  I really didn't understand the rules, because there were some things that happened I thought for sure someone would get into trouble, like ramming your elbow into someone's mask.  There was one BYU player that was quite a bit bigger than the rest and he was like a speeding train coming through.  He would just run right over people like nobodies business.  I also went ice skating and have lovely boot burns to prove it.  I have discovered that I have an inability to stop.  I just keep going in circles until I slow to a stop or just use the wall (that's always works).

Next week will be busy with working on my Summer list, because it is out of control, homework, and hopefully some fun in the sun!

Comments