The end is near!

The weeks pass quickly.  We are down to 43 days of school.  About this time of the year I get very excited to have the students exit to first grade, but I also get sad because we have spent a lot of time together of the past few months and it's hard to see them go.  We have only one week until Spring break.  I can't believe it is already here.  Once we get back the time will pass even quicker.

This week was a shock and awe for me concerning my students.  For many of my students we are making it out of the slump and they are starting to climb again academically.  I am always amazed at how fast students learn.  They come to us at the beginning of the year with a few letters and sounds and limited writing and math skills.  By the end of they year they are reading and adding and subtracting high numbers and having amazing conversations.

I had a "my goodness we have come along way in the world" moment this week.  Our school secretary come into my classroom and handed me two ipad minis.  They are the size of a regular chapter book and have all the capabilities of a normal computer.  I thought back to when I was in school and the first time I was ever able to go on the computer.  Technology has become such an important part of our lives and schooling.

Another important event that is probably good to report on is the fact that I starting dating someone.  I know...write it down in your calendars...this  is a big week.  His name is Tim and we have been friends for several years.  If you would like more details you will just have to call and ask!

Have a great week!

Comments