Warm Weather and Colds

The weather was fabulous this week.  I think it was the perfect temperature outside.  They kids had a lot of fun enjoying running outside.  The highlight of the week was a visit from Lenny the leprechaun.  Every year somehow he knows to visit my classroom.  I always have the students write him a letter and ask him questions.  Some of my favorite questions were...

Have you every been to a rodeo?
Why do you wear green?
Will you play with me?
What do you like to eat for breakfast/dinner?

And my personal favorite...

Do you have a girlfriend?

Oh the things kids will say.  We had a lot of fun on the day that he actually came.  Kids get really into tricks.  He left the classroom a mess along with his green magic leprechaun dust.  The kids would find the dust all over the classroom and we would relive the beginning of the day all over again.  Their imaginations went wild as well.  Some of them believed they caught glimpses of his hat or coat throughout the day.  It was a lot of fun.

I spent the week work on class work and preparing for day one of my math presentation.  There are four days in which I have to teach.  My day was on Friday, so it was a nice way to end the week, just talking with adults and helping them understand what we need to be doing.  Shortly after finishing the presentation I developed a cold.  I am thinking I was just coming down from a slightly more stressful time and I caught a cold.  I am hoping to be in good enough shape to teach PE on Monday.  We have an awesome game planned to practice their catching and throwing.

Masters classes continue to go well and I still haven't found a place to live for the Summer.  That is next on my list of things to figure out now that I don't have math to worry about for a while.  Have a great week!

Comments