Where did you get that from?!

The highlight of my week was two quotes by my students.  There are some times I really wonder where they get this stuff and if there parents think I am a total nut job because of what there children bring home from school.  One on day this week a little girl came to school and after she put her things away she came up to me and asked, "Teacher, does this outfit look hideous?"  I tried not to laugh, but I chuckled a little.

For the past couple of weeks we have been learning about fairy and folk tales.  We have been focusing on comparing and contrasting different versions of the same story.  Some of these versions are humorous, like Dinorella.  On Friday right as the students were leaving, a boy came up to me and said, "I'm gonna go home and write a book.  It's gonna be called The Big, Bad Duck."  I did not contain my laughter on that one.

My masters continues to progress.  I am really enjoying the class I am currently taking.  It is all about reading theories and strategies that we can use to help our students learn.  It always amazes me how easily we read, but how much goes into learning to read.  Much of what we do is second nature and we don't use the strategies we once used as children.

This weekend we have Stake Conference.  We are meeting in the new multi-stake meeting building.  This is huge.  All of the benches in the chapel are twice as long as normal benches and that is just in the chapel.  There are at least two other sections that open up and they are so big that there are screens in each section to project what is happening at the front of the chapel.  It's kind of crazy.  Unfortunately, all of our meetings are much later in the day.  So, I slept in today and I am almost done with all of my normal routine Sunday things and I am wondering what to do until our 2 pm meeting begins.

Any who...this coming week will be busy, because on Friday I am teaching the first all day math Common Core session.  Hopefully it will go well.

Comments