The END is NEAR!

It was one of those weeks where everything was happening.  I officially finished up all of my assessing, which includes grades.  Half of everything is in the computer, which is a good feeling.  Everything seems to be coming to an end quickly.  Monday I had my last math meeting for teaching the seminar this summer.  It lasted until about 8 pm, which made it a long day.  My masters class is a demanding one this block.  I began working on my major assignment for this class and I think I have everything figured out, so that the next several weeks will be less stressful. 

Tuesday was the day that I officially finished everything and made sure it was all in the computer.  I also tried to get a little ahead because Wednesday was my birthday.  As I get older, birthdays don't mean as much, but when you are with five year olds all day...it still means a great deal.  Every day since about last Thursday, I have had one student give me a count down until my birthday.  When the day came they were very excited and asked how old I was and if I brought them treats...which is probably why they were asking...because they wanted something.  It was a really good day, they sang happy birthday at random times throughout the day and they brought gifts.  They were even well behaved, which is really hard at this time of the year because they are so excited for summer break.  Tim took me out for ice cream after his soccer game and I finished up all my homework.  I would say it was a successful birthday.

Thursday was a crazy day, because we did our first annual Kindergarten and Preschool Art show.  We have been collecting their art work all year and we displayed them in a gallery style fashion.  We have never done anything like this before, so we were unsure of how long it would take us to get every up on the walls.  Overall it was a success.  We had lots of parents show up and they had a blast looking at art and creating chalk murals on the playground.  Everyone seemed to enjoy the relaxed feeling and looking at their children's work.  It made for another late night.

Friday came and went and was particularly busy, because we had interviews.  We were all glad to head home for the weekend.  I went to the temple on Friday, because Tim and I make plans for a Salt Lake adventure on Saturday.  After I dragged myself out of bed in the morning, I did laundry and homework.  At 3:30 we headed up to Salt Lake to watch the new Joseph Smith movie.  This was more of a documentary style, but incorporated lots of scenes from the old, new Joseph Smith movie.  After the movie we found a place to eat dinner and then we went to an indoor football game.  It was very interesting to see them play inside.  The field is much smaller and the rules are different.  I didn't feel like there was as much happening on the field, but the fans were still crazy.  Saturday was a full day and it made me even more excited for the summer, when I won't be worrying so much about teaching and I can plan free days!

Sunday was interesting, because we found out that we will be combining with another ward for the rest of the summer.  Many wards in our stake have low numbers, so they are combining us in hopes that we will get married faster with more of a selection.  It should be interesting trying to plan activities with the other ward.  Hopefully they will be energetic and fun!

Comments