Three days and counting!

It was quite the week.  We had dance practice on Monday with all our kids together and it was fantastic!  I am always surprised at how well they do.  I do have to say that this year we struggle with getting them to turn and face their parents.  No matter how many times we explain and show them, we still have a handful that do not turn around.  On Tuesday of this coming week we will have all 140 students together to practice, so it should be fun.

Central had its first ever Kinder Fair.  It was a meeting to help parents of incoming kindergarteners know what they can do to help their children and for the kids to get a feel for and meet the teachers by doing activities with them.  I feel like it was a success and think it will be something that will continue for many years. 

The rest of the week was spent cleaning, finishing up assessing for report cards, and keeping the kids calm.  The last one has been a challenge.  They know school is almost out and they are excited.  I was able to get a lot of the cleaning done for the end of year check-outs, which is a relief, because it is coming up fast.  The end of the year has just been a race to the finish line. 

My masters class has kept me very busy.  The last two I have had, have been very demanding.  The last two weeks have been no exception.  I finished up a large portion of my research paper this week.  I am very excited to be able to do my homework during the day, which will leave my evenings more free. 

I was able to fit in some time with Tim...sometimes I wonder how we do it, because we are both so busy.  On Friday we went up in canyon and made tinfoil dinners.  It has been along time since I had made them, but between the two of us we managed and they were delicious (well I thought mine was really good!).

This next week will be another crazy one, buy a little sad, because I won't have these kiddos for very much longer.

Comments