Wahoo!

It was a great week.  I did not have any meetings or teaching to do this week.  I was able to slip into a good routine.  I wake up at seven and go running.  I was surprised that having not run in a couple of months (and by a couple of months I mean four months).  After I get ready for the day, I study for several hours and finish up my homework for my masters and then I am done for the day.  It is really nice to have free evenings, which is something I don't often have.  

This week I went to all of family home evening.  I usually don't stay for everything, because I need to study.  I went to Tim's last soccer game for the summer and I was I able to go to Institute.  I also spent time with Carolyn and I spent some quality time with Holly's yard.  I really like working outside.  Maybe someday I will do landscaping...but don't quote me on it.

Saturday was a busy day.  It began with a car show up in Orem.  Summer is great because there are so many festivals locally.  This weekend was Orem's turn, so there were some really cool cars out.  There were some old ones that reminded me of ones that grandpa restored and then newer old ones and lastly the new hot rods.  I also ran my first ward activity.  It went smoothly and there weren't any problems, but we only had a handful show up.  I was actually a little surprised we had that many show up because our ward is so small.  I had a first while at the bonfire that I highly recommend.  Instead of using chocolate, use a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.  It was really good.  And if you want to be really adventurous, you make a sort of sandwich with a Reese's and chocolate.

I am planning on going back to work next week, to get things ready for next year.  It is probably good that I am going back, because remember how I said that I studied several hours in the morning.  Well, I managed to finish most of my homework, meaning I have maybe an hour's worth to do for next week.  It's great to get a head!

Comments