Week two done!

Monday was a very nice break.  I was able to get caught up with some things that from school that I was already behind on.  It's funny to me that we were only one week in and I was already behind.  I guess it's just the life of a teacher.  I have been impressed with the kids so far.  I was doing some assessing and they have actually been learning!  Sometimes I worry that nothing is sticking, but that's the beautify of assessments...they prove that they are learning.

I also had my first funny moment of the year.  We are doing a letter a day and each day they practice writing it and making pictures of things that have that beginning sound.  I was walking around working with the kids and I asked one student what they had drawn for the letter "G" and this is the reply I got from the student next to him.  "He's drawing a demented gorilla."  I laughed and then thought, "You have older siblings."  Kids do say the funniest things.

It was a big weekend.  I attended a walk for diabetes to support a former student.  A coworker and I went and walked.  It was very different from any other race I had been in.  For one thing, this was geared towards children, so there were children everywhere.  They also had fun activities, much better than when you run with adults.  Tim and I also watched the football game.  It was delayed for two hours due to bad weather.  I have never seen it storm like it did yesterday.  I was up in Orem with people from the mid-west and we were discussing how similar it was to mid-west storms, which are AMAZING!  BYU trashed Texas.  I was surprised at how well we did considering Texas was supposed to be very good.

Next week brings our first full week of school with the kids.  Hopefully we all survive five days of school.

Comments