A big week!

The week turned out to be quite a big week.  I was able to meet with most of my parents for parent teacher conferences.  It is nice to get to talk with them, because we never have the chance to really talk.  It typically happens if there is a problem, which isn't my most favorite thing to discuss with parents.  Instead of doing my conferences in two days for about 4.5 hours, I chose to do it in three days.  Best idea ever!  I don't think I will ever go back to three days.

The other big news was that I received an award.  It was quite the surprise.  The principal walked into the classroom and asked if she could interrupt (can you really so no to the principle).  Follow closely behind here were several individuals with two large boxes and a nice office chair.  OfficeMax likes to support classroom teachers and chooses teachers nominated by their principle.  So, in Alpine School District, I was the winner.  Here is a link to the article online: http://alpineschools.org/home-page-posts/central-elementary-teacher-whitney-kluber-receives-over-2000-in-classroom-supplies.

After Tuesday's excitement and meeting with parents, it has been nice to sit and listen to the prophets.  Tim and I have spent the weekend just listening.  I feel like the words spoken have been inspired!  Next week should be great as well, because it is Fall Break.

Comments