And I thought last week was a big week!

It has been quite the week.  For starters, it was a short week, because of Fall break.  I think everyone needed a break, teachers and students.  The kinder kids had their first ever field trip using a bus.  It was an exciting day for all.  I have re-decided that I love field trips.  There is so much energy and excitement.  After the field trip on Tuesday, was Wednesday, when I officially finished collecting data for my master's projects, which meant that I could finish up the papers.  I was very excited to leave school on Wednesday.

Thursday was spent working on the first of two papers.  I had to stay up until 11:30 pm to get it done, but it was worth it to have it out of the way.  I fit in other random things like cleaning for cleaning checks, but the bulk of my day was spent typing.  Friday was another busy day working on the second paper and normal weekly homework.  Tim and I had decided to go up and ride the Aerial tram at Snowbird.  I had never been up there before, so I was excited.  We left early afternoon and drove through the canyon.  The colors were fantastic.
 We ended up missing the 4 o'clock ride up, so we did some looking around.  Ski lodges are a different experience.  I am not sure I would be that dedicated to the sport, but people take it very seriously.  At the top it was bitter cold.  As you can see from the picture below...there is snow everywhere at the top.
After about thirty minutes at the top, everyone was ready to go down.  We thought about hiking down, but the trails were closed because of deep snow and we obviously were not prepared to go hiking in extreme cold.  So we took the ride down.  The picture below is our shadow coming down.
After getting to the bottom, we decided to find a spot and hike where it was warmer, but not by a lot.  The colors were very beautiful.  It always amazes me how every canyon in Utah is so different and beautiful in its own way.  On our way back, Tim found a nice sunny spot and to my surprise got down on one knee and proposed.
So, yes folks, I am engaged.  For those of you who unbelievers...miracles do happen!  We will be getting married at the end of December in the Draper Temple.  After this excitement, we went back and ate my favorite...Costa Vida mango chicken salad, and his favorite...ice cream.  After we said our good-byes I made the calls to family...which is where the funny story of the week comes from.

I made the call to mom first (duh!) to tell her the news.  She is currently in Kansas visiting family.  She wanted to see a picture of the ring, so I emailed her the above photo.  Right after I emailed her the picture I received a text message from Brian, who is in Utah that said congratulations.  I was a little confused, but waited until I was done with mom and called dad, because he had to be next.  Dad picked up the phone and said congratulations and I found out how Brian knew.  While I was sending the picture to mom in Kansas, dad was checking the same email account in Utah, where he saw the picture.  He happened to be talking with Brian while he was checking the email and discovered that I was engaged.  Technology is great!

Saturday was back to business, because I had paper number two to finish and he had lots of studying.  We spent about six hours in the library working, when we decided to call it quits and head home.  I was pretty brain dead, so we went on a walk and called it an evening.

Until next week...and the pictures below are from the four wheeling trip we took a couple of weeks ago.

Comments

Stephanie said…
Congrats!! I'm so excited for you!!
Unknown said…
WHITNEY!!!!! I didn't even notice today! Sorry, I'm lame. I asked D if he knew and he said, "Yes, she told us today. How do YOU know, mom?!" I'm SO, SO happy for you! Congrats! Now to hear what your last name will be...
Unknown said…
AHHH!!!! I am so excited for you. I screamed like a little school girl when Sandra told me. I was also wondering the sane thing Kristy is, about your new name?? However, when Grant has you in two years (hopefully) he will still call you Miss Kluber ;). CONGRATS!!!
Meghann said…
Congrats!!!!! I am so excited for you. I wish I could come home for Christmas so I could be there. Will you send me an announcement?