I love checking things off the list!

It was a very busy week!  It included three apartments (one of which was the winner), work, sealings at the Temple with the Brother Mourik, a massively awesome birthday party, an intense soccer game, and exhaustion.

We made three apartment visits this week.  It was difficult trying to leave work at a good time to go and look at the apartments.  Everyone wanted to schedule earlier times when Tim was in class or I was at work.  Tim made an excellent observation.  He wondered why people scheduled so early, didn't they want people gainfully employed as tenants.  It caused me to stop and think, I definitely would want employed people to rent my apartments.  This leads right into a conversation I had with Brian.  We discussed how if we Kluber's owned housing in the area, people would be fighting to get spots.  Not only would be take care of our apartments and be reasonable with the price, but we would be good landlords that actually cared about the property we owned.  Basically, we would have the corner on the housing market.  As hinted at above, we did find a place to live.  Tim and I are going to sign a contract on Tuesday, which will begin in the middle of December, which will be nice because we will need a place to put our things before we have to be out of our apartments.  Huge relief!  All that is really left is to get married.

It was a busy week at work.  We have a round of testing that has begun.  It ends right around the week before I get married, so I am trying to work ahead so I am not so stressed later on.  I finished up half of my students in each class and will hopefully be done with everyone the first week in December.  I also assessment quite a few kids for sight words this week.  I was going over their reading groups and decided to retest some of them before I actually moved them to a different group.  The result...amazement.  There assessed one week ago and many of those that I tested acquired ten words.  I am finding it difficult to keep up with them.  I think I know where they are academically and they completely surprise me.  Quote of the week came from a very petite female student that has a soft spoken voice.  We were discussing a story about a boy that would  not get in the family picture.  The girl said that if his mom got mad, "He would be soooo, busted!"  I had to laugh at that one.

Our ward did a temple trip specifically for sealings.  Our stake patriarch is Brother Mourik who is a sealer at the Provo Temple.  You may have noticed the inclusion of the word "the" at the beginning and you may have put two and two together but President Monson spoke of him at General Conference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bl8V8aZB_wg. He spoke of many neat experience that happened in the temple and while he was in the service of God.  I left with a desire to work in the temple and just be awesome like him.

Holly also celebrated her life and birth with a massive party.  I was thinking it would be a few friends, but I should have know better, because Holly knows everyone.  There were tons of people, good food, and good laughs.  It was probably one of the best birthday parties I have been too.

Tim is on an intramural soccer team for BYU.  There team has done well enough to go into the finals where there is single eliminations.  There game this week was intense.  Usually the cheering section, which includes the fiances and wives of the players is quiet, but we were very vocal during this game.  The team they played did not have very good sportsmanship and the refs were not making appropriate calls.  There were some really bad calls on their parts, which got everyone riled up.  Our team did a pretty good job of being patient and not letting them get under then skin.  We ended up winning the game, which was good, because a team that can't play nice, doesn't deserve to win.

After all the excitement of the week I am exhausted and ready for a break.  I think the kids are ready for a break as well.  Oh, and I remembering to push the publish button this week, so you will get an update on time!

Comments