A bad case of master-itis!

The countdown has begun as I get closer to finishing my masters.  I found it extremely difficult this week to push myself to do any homework.  Thank goodness I only have four more weeks to go.  I am still learning a lot, but I will be so glad to have it all behind me.

The kids continue to make progress.  We are in the middle of our reading testing.  I love to see how they have progressed from the beginning of the year to this point.  A lot of my kids had very limited letter sound understanding and now they are reading and actually figuring out difficult words.  It amazes me how their little brains work and put things together.

Life outside of teaching and school is pretty boring.  Not much has changed since I got married, but that's okay.  It makes the really exciting stuff, seem REALLY exciting.  I am slowly getting back into a routine.  That is one thing that is nice about being married.  There are a lot fewer distractions.  I did break my rule of no books during school.  Brian let me borrow the book Divergent, and it sat on my shelf for about a week before the temptation was too great.  I read the whole book in a week and may or may not have stayed up past my bedtime on one or two nights.  The book was a really good read, but I am not sure I will read the rest, because I may or may not have read on wikipedia what happens and I may or may not dislike the ending of the series.  Life should always work out in a nice, happy way whether it is real or in a book...and that is all I have to say.

I am posting some pictures of the apartment.  We haven't finished things up completely and pardon the clutter.  Monday's project will be to hang the rest of the pictures and finish organizing, because I do not have to work.  Whoot!
 This is part one of the family room.  There are a lot of weird angles, so this is where we sit and read.
 This is the second part of the family room.  We are going to get a table to put in here so it will become a little office.
 Part one of the bathroom.  It is actually really big.
 And part two...
 This is the kitchen.  We like our little table.  If you can't spot it, it's the white thing with two chairs under it.
This is the bedroom.  Not much storage, but that's why we have under the bed.

Until next week.  

Comments