Business as usual!

This week I almost finished up my DRA testing.  I will finish my last two kids on Monday.  I am very pleased with the overall success of the kids.  I am always amazed at their drive to learn to read.  So many of them want to read so bad!  I spent a lot of time organizing and planning what to do next for them and how to help them.  It is fun to look at the data and get a plan in place, but the downside is it takes a lot of time.

Monday was a holiday, so Tim and I spent time doing things we would normally do other days to free up some time during the evening.  So, basically laundry, shopping, homework, and school work.  I am down to four weeks on my masters.

The rest of the week was filled with studying, school, and work.  Tim has done quite a few hours of shadowing a surgeon.  He enjoyed watching hip, knee, and shoulder replacements.  I spent a lot of time working on a plan to finish all the assessing for parent teacher conferences, which start in two weeks.  I always think I am close to being done and then I find that  I am not even close.  It is hard to believe that February is already upon us.

I also fit in some visiting teaching this week.  I like the "real" aspect of it, because in a singles ward things are a little too easy.  We actually had to travel to teach.  I like our girls, they are really nice and it should be interesting getting to know them.

On friday we carpooled with some of our friends down to Santaquin to visit another married couple.  They were having a gender reveal party.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it is when the couple does something creative to announce the gender of the baby.  They had cupcakes with filling the color of the gender.  They actually had a neighbor make them, so they did not even know.  They are having a girl, so that will be two girls for them.

Saturday was busy with studying and everything else.  Sunday morning I woke up to the flu.  This is the year of me catching all the nasty sickness from work.  It has been many years since I have thrown up.  The one good thing about having late church is that I am feeling well enough to go after sleeping a little longer.  And for those even thinking about it, it was definitely the stomach flu.

Next week should be busy as well.  Maybe the ward will finally get our records and we will be able to get some callings and Tim can get a hometeaching assignment.

Comments