Hmmmm...that's not supposed to be there...

It was another good week for accomplishing things at school and at home.  I like being busy, but not so busy that I feel like I can barely keep up.  The end of the year is coming fast.  We have one more week until April and the start of our reading assessment.  April always goes fast, because we are kept busy testing students and there is Spring break.  Once April is done with, it is all down hill until the end of school and Summer break.

Monday was a fun day, because of Saint Patrick's Day.  It is my favorite holiday.  I am not sure why, maybe because I always loved setting traps.  Any way, the classroom leprechaun Lenny came to visit the classroom, not once, but twice.  The kids were hoping he would come, because on the Friday before we wrote letters to him.  This year was an interesting year.  They were really curious about his family and personal life.  Usually, the kids just ask random questions.  This year we learned a lot about how old he was and his family.  The kids loved it.  I also love how the kids come in and automatically start cleaning up the mess.  I usually have to stop the kids from cleaning up right away so those who com in late can enjoy it.  Even though the classroom is a mess I never really have to clean it up.

Tim and I have decided to celebrate our anniversary on Saint Patrick's Day because December is so busy and we started dating on Saint Patrick's day.  Really it was a done deal when we finally started to date.  So, our relationship began with a long walk, so we went on another long walk and ate ice cream.  It seemed fitting.  The rest of the week was filled with visiting teaching, caucus meetings, and attending the temple.

The weather was so nice that Carolyn and I went on a hike in the mountains.  We discovered a new trail up in the canyon that was perfect for our out of shape bodies.  It is amazing how master's programs and a busy life and take away time to stay healthy.  Oh, and it is official now that I am done with my masters.  I received a passing grade on my portfolio, so all that is left is for me to get the diploma in the mail.  I celebrated by throwing away all the books that I will never use or be able to sell.  It was a great feeling.

Saturday was a day for new experiences.  I washed the sheets in the morning and as I was making the bed I noticed something on the wall.  When we pulled everything way from the wall this is what we found.




Slightly gross and definitely not supposed to be there.  When I went shopping I purchased a nice bottle of bleach and cleaned the wall.  We had to take apart the bedroom, because we put the bed on blocks, so we could store things underneath.  It took a couple of hours to finished everything, but hopefully with moving things way from the wall and bleaching it will all be okay.  So, that was our adventure for the week.  Personally, I would rather not have any more adventures like it!

Next week will be a good, but busy.  I have a meeting all day on Thursday and then we have our last field trip of the year on Friday to the new aquarium.  It is supposed to be huge and have new animals.  I am really excited to see it.  Next Sunday will also be our day to speak in sacrament meeting.  I haven't spoken in church in several years, but it should be fun to speak in a family ward.

Comments