May has come!

It was another whirlwind of a week.  May is already here, which means we are very close to being done with school.  The kids were very crazy this week.  I am thinking it has something to do with the snow on Monday and the roller-coaster temperatures, and probably because we are done to 19 days of school.  It was also teacher appreciation week.  I am pretty sure it is Tim's new favorite week.  Every day I brought home a treat and he was like a kid in a candy store.

Because it is so close to the end of the year, there is less and less planning to be done at school.  It is nice to be able to leave earlier in the day and have time to do other things.  I have been running a lot more, which is good because Tim is still studying hard every day.  As of tomorrow we have one month until he takes to MCAT.  He has also been working on his applications and personal statement.  We decided to change our temple night to Wednesdays.  Saturdays were just too busy with me trying to catch up from the week running errands.  It worked out nicely and is something to look forward to during the week.

Thursday was a very busy day.  I rushed home from work and went to set up for our primary training.  It ended up taking an hour longer than I thought.  But, the teachers asked some really great questions on teaching and disciplining.  The more I get to know the women I work with the more I like them.  I am already learning so much from them.  I came home to a packed house.  There was a Zimmerman dinner that we hosted to celebrate some recent birthdays.  It was a lot of fun having everyone talking and laughing.  I only wish we had a few more seats.  We are a little lacking in that department.

By Friday I was exhausted.  That is what usually happens.  We tried to do a date, but Fridays are really hard for me because all I want to do is sleep or just sit.  Kids are tiring.  We went disc golfing, because I had never been, but we didn't stay too long.  We had more success on Saturday with the soccer game.  Unfortunately, BYU wasn't playing their best.  They did have some great plays, but they seemed like they hadn't worked too much as a team and practiced.  But, this coming from a person who knows nothing about sports.

Saturday started off busy.  I went to a stake baptism as part of my calling.  Tim went to volunteer for the Red Cross booth for Cinco do Mayo.  He took a practice test and I ran errands and discovered just how expensive cars can be every year to renew the tags.

Today we will go to a Baroque ensemble after church.  They always do a fantastic job.  So I am excited to hear them.  Hopefully we can get there in time because Tim has been getting home on Sundays around 7, because of how long it takes to finishing clerking stuff.

We have one more busy week in May before things calm down to a dull roar and then it's SUMMER!

Comments