The end of June...

It is hard to believe that June is almost over.  That means the summer is half over and a I have a few short weeks of summer before heading back to school.  Summer school will finish this coming week and then I will be heading home for a week to visit family.  We are managing to stay busy.  This week's biggest event was Tim's birthday, a close second would be the USA moving on in the World Cup.  His birthday was on Tuesday, so I made him breakfast and dinner.  He really likes breadsticks on a stick so I made those for him as well as a pasta dish.

Twice this week soccer has been watched in the evening.  I am learning more about soccer than I have ever learned.  The US seems to be doing well and will be moving on to the round where you are done if you loose.  We will see what happens with that.  On another night my visiting teachers came.  One of them had to bring her kids, because her husband was out of town.  Tim got to play with them for a while at the park down the street from us.  We also made it to the temple to finish up family file names before the Provo Temple closes for summer cleaning.

I spent time the Carolyn on Friday night and then on Saturday, Tim and I made a trip to see some friends.  They recently had a baby, so we drove down and got to hold the baby and catch up.  On the way home we went to a movie.

I was supposed to teach sharing time this Sunday, but ended up teaching my lesson last Sunday.  I was only half prepared, but it went well despite that.  We were talking about ancestors and how doing our family history work helps us know our ancestors.  I can honestly say that Lord helps  you when you need it, because the lesson went a lot better than it should have.

Next week will be busy with getting ready to leave and we will be watching one of Tim's nieces for a few days.  Next week's post will come from the City of Enoch.

Comments