Summer Days!

I am in survival mode already when it comes to finding things to keep me busy.  I have managed to continue to find things to do, but it is definitely not at the pace I am used to.  Last Sunday we had the chance to do an official walk through in our church building.  This Sunday will be our second time meeting in the building.  Our first Sunday there after we got married we found out that we were leaving for another building.  I am super excited for two reasons.  The first is we get to walk to church.  I always feel weird driving to church when the building is not too far away but just far enough that it would take too much time to walk there.  Second reason is that we are moving to the 1 pm time slot instead of the 1:30 pm slot.  Sounds funny, but I will take an extra 30 minutes.  I am even more excited that next year will be at 9 am.

I watched a friend's boys so that she could go to the temple.  Her baby is finally old enough that she can be away from him for three hours.  I took the boys to the splash pad and had a lot of fun.  I also had a dentist appointment.  After having cavities the last three times I am proud to say that I am cavity free.

Last week Tim and I went to a kolache restaurant and tried it out.  I haven't had any since being at the Czech festival when I was a kid.  They were really delicious.  As part of my cultural duty, I feel the need to introduce as many people as I can to this awesomeness.  As part of our weekly outing, I took Carolyn and introduced her.  She seemed to like them, so I count it a success.  Because Tim and I have been eating a lot of treat recently, we have been on the hunt for "healthier" desserts.  We made these banana chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that were really good as part of our movie date.

Our big adventure for the week was Lamb Days in Fountain Green.  Tim's best friend growing up invited us to go with some others to celebrate the occasion.  We started of at the parade, which was awesome.  Small town parades are the best.  In big towns you are packed in on the streets and there is no room and they don't really hand out candy.  Well, Fountain Green knows how to through a parade.  They handed out candy by the handfuls, not only did they hand out candy, but beach balls, bouncy balls, shirts, Frisbees, and other cool stuff.  I am proud to say that by Tim and I cheering and collecting we were able to help the kids that were with us collectively get about a full bag of goodies.  After that we went to have a BBQ and explore the festivities.  Then we went four-wheeling and I was introduced to the term "side by side".  It's like a golf cart four-wheeler.  Lots of fun!

We were both burned and exhausted in the evening and really duty.  We were covered in a fine layer of dust.  In all a great day.  Next week I will continue to try to stay busy.  Just three weeks left.

Comments