Sorry!

Sorry this week's post is late.  The internet is down at our apartment and our landlord is out of town until Wednesday.  So...this post is coming to you from Central Elementary.  It is time to be back in the classroom getting things ready for school to begin.  It is nice to be out of the apartment doing "stuff".  I didn't do much out of the apartment last week.

Monday I began dealing with insurance.  Open enrollment means changes to insurance, which is always a headache.  I think I managed to figure it out.  I also started a project for school.  I decided to put pillows in my library at school.  I had extra fabric that I used for the boards in my classroom, so I decided to make pillowcases.  After much trial and error and coming to the collusion that sewing machines work a lot better when you know know you are doing, I completed five pillowcases on Tuesday.  These are the finished projects.  The best news of all is they actually fit the pillows (I didn't have them when I made the cases).

On Wednesday I went to the Museum of Art on BYU campus.  They have changed all their exhibits.  My favorite was the costume exhibit.  They have costumes from different movies like Pirates of the Caribbean and Jane Eyre.  They were all hand stitched and after my pillowcase adventure, I had only the desire to look in wonder and zero desire to make a costume.  

The weekend ended up being busy.  I made my first batch of graham crackers, which was surprisingly easy, but I need to make them again to work out some of the kinks.  We also watched the children of some friends.  There was a toddler and a newborn.  We took them on a walk and it was fun to watch them.  Saturday was a baptism for Tim's side of the family.  We drove down to Payson and then had a family BBQ.  It was fun to get to know more of his family and try to remember names, because there are a lot of people to try to remember.  That evening we went out to dinner and them to get some dippin' dots.  Neither of us had really had them before, so it was an eating adventure.

Hopefully next week will be one time, because we have internet!

Comments