Fall Break!

The whole school was ready for a break.  It finally came on Wednesday...just in time for me to get sick.  I have decided that I would rather be on break and sick than be working with kids.  It's kind of nice to feel bad and not have to get out of bed.  But, I am skipping too far into the week.  The week started off great with amazing weather; we are all wondering how long it will last.  Usually we have a lot more frost and even snow.

It was nice enough to get shakes and go for a walk and not freeze.  We happen to live close to a place that does buy one get one for .60.  We decided to walk over to the new temple and get a visual update.  While there we met an older women who has been following the building of the temple like a hawk.  She was able to explain geofoam, which we had been wondering for a while what it was, because it was everywhere.  She was also able to explain in detail the interior and describe where everything will be located.

Tuesday was the day before Wednesday, which meant the kids were off the walls.  Tim and I went running that evening.  Afterwards he went to bed and I stayed up a little too late reading, which is why I am reminded of my rule of no fun books during the school year.

Wednesday came.  We went to work.  We went to the temple.  We went to bed.  I started feeling bad, so I did got to bed at a good hour.  Thursday was a busy day.  I slept in a little because I was running a fever.  Afterwards, I got ready for the day and read several hundred pages before going to help sew a quilt.  All that is left is putting the back on and the edges.  I think it looks kind of cool.  Afterwards I finished the book! :)
That evening Tim came home and tried watching The Unsinkable Molly Brown, but found it a little difficult to sit and listen to Molly.  The good thing of the evening was pumpkin praline pretzels.  They are a cross between a cinnamon roll and a pretzel, with a hint of pumpkin.  We dropped some off at the home of one of the girls I visit teach and went for a walk.

Friday morning my fever finally broke, but it was a sluggish morning.  I feel like the cold I had zapped you of your energy.  Any way...I went shopping.  I did Walmart, grocery, Christmas shopping, picked up an order of doughnuts and cookies for primary, and purchased materials to make my Halloween costume.  Because I was feeling sick we stayed in and watched Brigadoon and had popcorn.

Saturday was busy.  Tim had a boy scout fundraiser to help at and I had primary practice for the program.  We managed to make it through both and then went on a scenic drive of the Alpine Loop.  It was  little scary with drivers going a little too fast for the space on the roads.  But, the view was fantastic, the weather was perfect, and the colors vibrant.



While driving we had a state trooper car come zooming by.  They were in a big hurry, driving very fast, which probably was not the safest thing to be doing.  We also picked up two friends.  A bee snagged a ride on Tim's shirt, which we promptly excused him and then a wasp hit me in the face.  We could not find him, but he did bother us, so he got a ride back to Provo before we kicked him out too.


That evening, Tim read and I work on my costume.  I am going to be a book character called Pinkalicious.  So, I made the tutu and the wand.  Tim even helped a little, just a little.

 Which brings up to Sunday and the program.  Hopefully, the kids do well and the adults make it!

Comments