New discoveries!

Since I graduated from college my reading pattern as been the following, September to June no reading, except for the occasional book during Christmas break.  June through August I become a couch potato reading a stack of books every week.  I recently discovered the power of listening to books.  I can do all the projects I need to complete at home and at school, but the background is filled with words from books that I want to read.  The only problem is that Tim doesn't necessarily like listening to my books and sometimes I am confined to the chair when I don't have projects, which is a little boring.  This is how I solved the problem.


I have copy of the book and the CDs.  It's GREAT!

Tim worked quite a bit of extra hours.  He was gone long before I even thought about getting up and we were able to make it home at about the same time each day.  He is feeling more comfortable answering questions and finding the answers to the really hard insurance questions.  He has been practicing his Spanish and is feeling more comfortable with that as well.  He will be starting to take Spanish calls in about two weeks.  

We fit in running almost every day and the temple as usual.  Dad dropped by for a short visit, which is always a pleasure.  We also had a wreck on our street that was backing up traffic on that day.  We have wrecks that happen a lot in our area.  I am not sure what it is, but I feel like in the past month we have had at least one if not two wrecks a week within two blocks of our house.  

Friday night we did a double date with some friends of ours.  We went to the ice skating rink and practiced our awesome skills (just trying not to fall) for a couple of hours.  Saturday was a busy day.  It started off with some Stake baptisms.  We had one child from our ward get baptized so I represented the primary.  Brian came over for a haircut and a chat in the afternoon and in the evening we volunteered at the Rocky Mountain band invitational.  BYU's band hosts high school bands from all over the state.  They fly in judges to rank the bands and then in the evening the BYU marching band does a performance.  I have volunteered several times, but it was Tim's first time.  We were stationed at the water table for the bands to get some water after they finish on the field.  It was fun to see the kids perform and then come charging to get some water.  They were all very polite and appreciative.  

Next week will be a breeze at school, because we have Fall break.  I am planning on working on my Halloween costume, reading the rest of my book, and making a batch of pumpkin praline pretzels.  Yep...it's gonna be a great break!

Comments

Stephanie said…
I love listening to audio books! I listen while I clean, cook, etc. And I like Brandon Sanderson books as well! :)