You know you have arrived in marriage when...

Our Fall break extended to Monday, so instead of having kids on Monday, I sat in a meeting (not that I am complaining).  I enjoyed the meeting and not having to worry about planning for kids.  The kids came back on Tuesday ready to go.  I love home children have progressed even if they have not come to school.  Sometimes we see that they make progress, because they have had a short break and their brains are ready to learn.

The week was routine.  Tim's hours have changed at work, so he drops me off and I get some extra time after school to work on things, which is really nice.  We attended the temple on Wednesday.  Thursday was our ward party.  It was called the penny carnival.  It was the ward Halloween party, fall gathering, and chili cook-off wrapped in one.  I guess the Bishop likes to kill lots of birds with one stone.  As part of the party their was a chili and dessert contest.  I decided to make some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, because I had some leftover pumpkin.  So, here are the cookies...

and here is the cookies winning!  SWEET!


Friday was our first field trip.  The kids were very excited.  It was an easy year, because this is the first year that I have not had to worry about two classes.  The only thing that was difficult was finding my kids to take pictures.  In years past they have been everywhere, but since there were fewer of them it was harder to accomplish.  Well, I guess it was a little difficult/worrisome at the beginning when the bus didn't start.  But, that would have made the adventure even better!

Friday night was a relaxing night.  We stayed in and watched the last of our musicals, Oklahoma.  We have one more we are waiting on.  I realized that as children we are very innocent.  As I have gone back and watched these musicals, I am realizing what they are actually about.  I always loved the dancing and never really understood the story

Saturday, I had a baptism.  It was a small family gathering.  The spirit was very strong.  You could definitely tell the family loved each other and loved the gospel.  Grandma and grandpa were leading the way with their example and love.

And you know you have arrived in marriage when you have to buy your first set of tires.  That was Tim's big chore this weekend.  Our current tires were okay, if you live in an area without winter, but since Utah has winter, we figured we would replace them.  Tim was able to get a really good deal on a set, so hopefully it will be a safe winter.  In the evening Tim carved a pumpkin and did a great job.  At night we went with a friend to watch a movie called The Giver.  I enjoyed it and cried a few tears.

 Halloween is upon us!  I am excited for the costumes.  I am predicting Frozen costumes will be the most popular.

Comments