Spring break begins!

It is a good thing we have Spring break.  On Monday, I had six kids absent.  On Tuesday, when they all came back, I found out why.  We spent the rest of the week coughing, sneezing, blowing noses, headaches, ear aches, and stomach aches.  Twice we went through the classroom to scrub everything down.  Now they just need to get better, so we can make it through the rest of the year.

We started the reading assessment this week.  It has been another surprising year.  It never ceases to amaze me what kids can do!  Their brains are ready to learn and they soak it up!  It is hard to believe we have seven weeks left of school.  Every year it goes by faster.

Tim continues to work on applications.  He found out that he has been accepted to UVU, so we can at least work on the few classes he needs to get into a nursing program.  The U's nursing application is due in May, so he has a few more weeks to get everything together.  He was able to go running and work out at home this week.  After three weeks, I think I have finally kicked my cold, so my plan is to join him in running again.

Because I wasn't feeling well, we didn't go to the temple this week.  I mostly went to bed early and tried to sleep as much as possible.  I am not sure how he does it, but Tim has managed to not get sick once again.

The kids and teacher were ready for Friday to come.  After the Spring party they ran out the door ready to not come back.  Hopefully, they will come back and we won't struggle to keep coming for the last weeks of school.

Saturday was busy for us.  We woke up early so we could get all the cleaning and small chores done before the first session of conference.  We were able to watch both.  We were both impressed the the focus of the family.  It made us wonder what is in store for the world in the next six months.  That evening Tim went to the priesthood session with a friend.  Carolyn and I kept with tradition and went out to dinner and watched a movie.  We have been working through a BBC series called Cranford that is very entertaining.

Today has been filled with another day of conference.  They words have been inspiring and uplifting.  We will celebrate Easter with one of our first traditions.  Every year for Easter I am gong to make a special roll.  So, this is what we had for dinner tonight.
ham, asparagus, salad, potatoes, and blueberry/orange rolls

Next week I will spend some time down in Enoch, so Tim will have to finish the leftovers!
 

Comments