Summer days!

The week was a mix of busy and calm.  We started off the week with work and planning a bridal shower.  After my last day of collaboration on Monday, Tim picked me up and we went shopping for the food.  I only have half days at school so, on Tuesday I came home and got to work.  I made a tasty salad and cut lots of fruit (like lots of it).  It was a lot of fun to chat and wish her well.  Below is a picture of her.  She is getting married in about a month.

Wednesday was work and temple night.  We finished up another batch of family names.  I have come to enjoy the feeling of sending back finished names.  Thursday and Friday were calm evenings.  I decided to jog to the library on Thursday, but didn't make it very far, because it is hard to jog with books.  It was still a nice walk.  We were going to babysit for some friends  on Friday, but plans changed.  We did however play with a new toy.  We have everything we need to go camping...except the sleeping bags.  Tim never fits in the bags, so he is always cold.  After some research we found a bag that is big enough and hopefully will keep him warm.

Saturday was busy in the morning.  Tim started the cleaning, because I needed to be out the door to go to a parade.  It is the 100th year of our school district, so they wanted the school in the town where I teach to walk in the parade.  It had been a long time since I had been in a parade.  It was fun to see the kids and to see their faces when they realized who it was waving and saying their names.  I was very tired when I got home, because we spent more time waiting in the hot sun for the parade to start then actually walking in the parade.  Both Tim and I fell asleep in the afternoon because the sun just wiped us out.  

I taught another lesson on the priesthood today in young women's.  The girls seem to be more willing to answer questions.  I am learning the importance of making sure there is a positive environment where it is okay for the girls to ask questions about words and scriptures they don't understand.  The more they feel comfortable just asking and no one is going to laugh they seem to be more will to participate.  Tim is going home teaching today.  He is also go to do a house visit for clerking.  We can send in tithing in online and some of the older members of our ward need some help understanding how to do it.

Next week is the last week of summer school and hopefully soon we will know about nursing school.  Until then!

Comments