Another week down!

The week began slow.  I worked on researching a job.  I put in at least one if not two a day.  I received calls from a couple of places.  I have one interview on Tuesday at the Chinese Community Center as an early childhood teacher.  That one looks like it might be fun and a good environment.  Because one can only research for so many hours in a day, I made whole wheat cinnamon oatmeal muffins for Tim to take to school.

He worked hard all week studying and learning all he can before he has to move onto the next topic.  He has about four more weeks until his first round of exams.  I went visiting teaching this week, attended a Relief Society activity, and prepared to leave for Utah for a short trip.  

Carolyn (a.k.a the best friend) got married.  The plan was to leave Friday evening, attend the wedding on Saturday morning, and be back in Houston on Sunday afternoon.  I received a call from the airline saying my first flight was delayed.  When I got home I discovered that I would miss my connecting flight.  But, have no fear, after talking with three different airlines I was able to transfer to a different airline that left at an earlier time.  So, I scrambled to find a ride to the airport, because Tim was in lab and I couldn't reach him.  I made it to the airport jumped on, flew to Atlanta, ran to catch my connecting flight and made it to Salt Lake at 11 pm.  I stayed with a good friend and old roommate.  She was also going to the wedding.  

Saturday morning was a lovely day temperature wise, but hazy, apparently Utah and surrounding states are on fire.  The sealing was wonderful and the Payson temple is beautiful.


Here they are coming out of the temple.
 After pictures, we went to a lunch at BYU and then to the reception.  Myself and Katherine (the friend/roommate that picked me up), along with Becky (another awesome friend/roomate) and her husband help with the food.  They had it in a backyard and it was amazing!  There were flowers everywhere!  Below are some pictures I took of everything.



Here are some pictures of the food tables.  They had Italian sodas, a variety of BYU brownies, tasty bread from Kneaders, and fruit.  We were kept busy all evening, but I managed to connect with some friends that I hadn't seen in a long time.



 After the reception we cleaned up and then headed back up to Salt Lake.  I caught a 7:30 am flight out and am now home to write a post.  Next week should be a lot less eventful.

Comments