Blessings all around!

The week began with a little exhaustion on my part.  I didn't sleep much over the weekend and Tim was still recovering from sickness, but we still managed.  Because I was not at home to make dinner...Tim was in charge of getting things going so we could eat.  After everything was prepared, he looked at and stated that we needed to take a picture of it for the blog.  He did do a very good job and it was really tasty.  He learned that he needs to leave himself PLENTY of extra time to get things prepared, because he is not as fast as some in the kitchen.


We also had a really awesome storm come through.  It is kind of hard to see, but it is raining very hard and the thunder is loud.  After being in Utah for the past ten years, I have forgotten how much I like listening and watching a good storm.  I always think of when I was a kid and afraid, until Grandpa Kluber said there was nothing to be afraid of and then took me outside to sit and watch.  There really wasn't anything to be afraid of.


Tim continues to learn how to balance classes and studying, along with his calling.  He finds it a real challenge to go out with the missionaries when all he feels like he should be doing is studying.  He does a lot of studying!  This week was also his chance to work with patients.  The school pays actors to come in and students get to go through the process of what they should do when a patient comes in...vital signs, questions to ask, and procedures.  He thought it went well, but there were improvements to be made for next time.

I stayed busy with interviews this week.  I had two lined up.  Both went well and seemed to be a great place to work.  One interview was as a teacher for the Chinese Community Center and the second was for UT Houston (Tim's school) working as an instructional coach.  Of the two, the instructional coach was my favorite.  It would be a challenge to work with so many teachers and to help them to know ways in which they can improve their lessons.  I was leaving the interview and one of the gals said, "Off the record, both of my kids went to BYU."  My thinking was it really is a small world.  And it is a good thing I liked that position, because they called on Friday and offered me the job.  I accepted and will start September 14th.  I have to clear a background check.  When HR told me I would need to have a background check, I thought, "Can't you use the other two I have already done this year?"  

We are both excited for it, because we will be able to drive to work together, the pay is nice and the insurance will be a bonus.  We both feel very blessed and like the Lord really does have our backs!

Comments