Life moves on...

It was another busy week.  Tim had his first official week of class with anatomy.  He spends a lot of time in the lab dissecting and the rest of his time is spend looking at pictures and videos of bodies.  Not my cup of tea, but more power to him.

Monday morning I took the big education exam.  It took about 4.5 hours to complete and I was ready to be done by the time I finished.  Tuesday I had meetings all day at my school.  While there I started to get a bad feeling about teaching.  By the time I got home from school I was getting the picture that I was not supposed to work at that school.  I met Tim at Cici's Pizza, because the ward meets there every second Tuesday of the month.  It was nice to meet some people and socialize outside of church.

That evening Tim and I talked about what had happened at school.  At 3 a.m. on Wednesday, I woke up sick to my stomach thinking about teaching.  Before I left, we decided that I would go one more day and decide what to do after that.  By the end of the day I knew that I was not supposed to teach, so I told the administration  I was not going to sign a contract.  It was a blessing in disguise that I had not signed a contract, because I was under no obligation to stay with the school.  That night was the first night in a while that I had a peaceful sleep.  I guess I needed to hear loud and clear.

Thursday and Friday I began looking for other work.  Tim continued to study hard.  Friday he had the day off, so he spent it at home studying.  In the evening he went with the elders to teach an investigator.  I cleaned, did laundry, and went shopping, because on Saturday I worked at the Bishop's Storehouse.  It was a ton of fun.  It was just a store, so I didn't get to do any dry packing.  But, I did learn that the church has a peanut butter factory in Houston and I kind of want to volunteer...I think it would be fun.

Church was awesome.  We had three youth speak.  The first youth recently joined the church.  The last two were missionaries that were leaving soon.  Both Tim and I agree that they all were amazing and that the church is in good hands if that is the caliber of youth training to take over.  We went to our missionary meeting after church.  A group of us are getting together to celebrate a birthday of one of the med students.  I made a cake and frosting, so it should be a fun evening.

No pictures this week, but I did find out that I passed the really hard, long exam on Monday.  So, I guess I am officially a highly qualified teacher because I passed the Texas test.

Comments