Another week down!

Tim is getting ever closer to his first set of exams.  He is feeling the pressure of needing to know the material, but not having enough hours in the day to learn it all.  He has one more full week until exams begin.  I think he will do fine.  He studies hard and is trying his best...and who needs a high pass anyway, passing is passing.

I managed to stay busy this week as well.  I watched my visiting teaching companions son.  He is almost three and a lot of fun!  It makes me miss teaching the kids.  He is obsessed with cars, so that is pretty much what we did for most of the time.  I also went in on Monday to HR of my new job.  I needed to sign some paperwork and approve the background check.  It was a pretty easy process that went quickly.  I will begin working on September 14th.  It will be nice to be in a routine and have more to take up my time.  It should also be interesting to not have to lesson plan or prep for student activities.

Saturday was fun for us.  We attended a baptism.  A father and his two sons were baptized.  The service was done in half Burmese.  I always love attending baptisms.  There is something special about them that makes you remember how much love our Savior has for us and that by keeping our covenants we can be blessed.  After we got home, Tim did some more studying.

I was asked to teach in Relief Society.  It was a lot of fun being with adults.  Our ward is very willing to share thoughts and experiences, so it was a good experience for me to slide back into adult teaching and I think they enjoyed sharing thoughts.  Tim is out doing some home teaching.  It is a little more tricky to do it now because those we visit don't live on the next block...back to the real world I guess.  :)

Comments