Fall is here...I think

Fall officially began this week.  We haven't really noticed a change.  It's still hot and humid.  Although today it was overcast and drizzling most of the day.  We are supposed to have more rain for the next couple of days, so we may see some cooler weather.

Tim had an easy week.  He attended lectures about taking care of himself, being a good doctor, and addiction classes.  He didn't feel some of them applied to him.  Being a Mormon helps with good health and staying away from drugs and alcohol.  Next week he will begin his regular classes.

I started the week with more training.  We met as a much small group and talked specifically about what our responsibilities.  Thursday, I finally went to my office.  They decided to move us off campus to a remote location.  We are in a big warehouse tucked in a corner.  Apparently, all the employees call our building the freedom building because the supervisors are never there.  We figured out the train is right by my new location, so I drop Tim off in the morning and he walks to my office when he is done.  This is a lot faster than waiting for the bus.  It worked out nicely.  Thursday and Friday were a little boring.  We don't have our case loads yet, so we don't have much to do.  We should have them by next week and then I will be really busy.  Here is a picture of my cubicle.  I was surprised to see that I have two screens.  I am not sure exactly what I will do with two, but it is kind of cool.


This week I made lo mein noodles and lettuce wraps.  Tim had never had lettuce wraps and he likes them.

This weekend Tim and I went out with the missionaries.  We went to Chinatown.  I sat in on a lesson with an investigator.  It was an interesting experience, because the missionaries were translating things I would say and the lesson was in a different language.  I basically sat and smiled, because I did know what was said.  We also helped in primary today.  They had the program, so Tim sat with our class and then we taught.  It was definitely the day for helping in primary because they had food for the kids.  And boy do they know how to eat.  There was a ton of food and it was really good.

That's all from us.

Comments