Happy Grandparents Day!

Today is Grandparents day and I have to say that I am grateful for my grandparents.  They have always been a good example of following the commandments, working hard, and just being awesome!

This was my last week of no work and Tim's last week to study before exams.  I did lots of reading and I was able to help a couple of families in the ward by babysitting.  One of them was a ton of fun.  The little girl just sat for 45 minutes and we read!  She had a great selection of books and enjoyed reading them.  It warms my heart to see that there are parents out there that actually read to their children.

Tim spent every spare moment studying and going to reviews.  He and every other student are really worried about the exams that are coming up.  I think they will all do fine and that once they finish the week they will have a better idea of how they need to study and use their time.  But, that still doesn't take away they fact that Tim is nervous and feels like he needs weeks more to study.

It was the second Tuesday of the month so we went to Cici's Pizza with the ward.  There was a ton of us there this time.  We filled the shop, so it was fun to meet new people.  Friday I did all the shopping and the cleaning, because the ward was having their annual international festival on Saturday and I decided to make kolaches.  I started at 10:30 on Saturday morning and finished them at about 3.  It took a long time, but Tim and I think it was worth it.  The only problem was that I burned the apricots, so I just had to do strawberry instead.  Here is a picture of the finished product.


So, we have learned that in Texas they have kolaches too, except their kolaches are savory (meats, eggs, cheese).  I guess I should explain the international festival.  We have many countries represented in our ward.  So, tables are set up around the gym and people bring foods from different countries.  Well, there was a Texas booth (go figure).  They had savory kolaches and I had the sweet traditional kolaches.  All the Europeans recognized my kolaches, and all the Texas stated that mine were not like theirs.  I thought it was really funny...Texas is it's own country!

Asia was well represented and they did a dragon dance for us, which was really cool.  There was also Polynesian dancing and good old fashion American country.



We ended the week with a baptism today after church, which was fun.  They do have a lot of baptisms!  Until next week!

Comments